I am insured
AREAS CLOSE TO ME
I travel Nationally
I speak English
📞 07311 431754
✉️ email me
After I suffered a major family bereavement the celebrant led funeral was amazingly uplifting. It was then that I decided I wanted to be able to provide that sort of moment and comfort, and those great memories for other people. I trained for over a year to become a celebrant, left a very successful teaching career of over 30 years and now choose to specialise in weddings. So you could say I had a calling to become a celebrant. I achieved NOCN Level 3 Certificate in Civil Celebrancy, and am a member of the Fellowship of Independent celebrants.
The skills gained in my teaching career are very transferable to my role as a celebrant in terms of the professionalism, ability to work with a wide range of people and of course the public speaking skills gained leading assemblies and speaking in front of large audiences at open evenings, and staff training.
I love listening to your stories and creating beautiful and unique ceremonies that encompass all of life’s best emotions.
Amanda, your celebrant soulmate for an amazing, intimate and personal ceremony.
Amanda will listen carefully, make suggestions and give you inspiration if you need it. Rest assured she has a wealth of resources available, together with a caring, friendly and open minded personality.
“The ceremony we create together will express every feeling in your heart and soul. The emotion, fun and romance will captivate your guests, because you deserve an unforgettable ceremony that will forever hold a special place in the hearts of you and your guests.”
My ceremony ethos is “it’s all about you”. I will create the perfect ceremony however, whenever and wherever you want. Amanda will listen carefully, make suggestions and give you inspiration if you need it. Rest assured she has a wealth of resources available, together with a caring, friendly and open minded personality. As well as the many traditional and creative ceremony options there are many alternatives, from the sublime and sentimental, to the stunning and surprising. Because Amanda is an Independent Celebrant your tailor made service can include religious or spiritual elements if you wish or be totally non-religious. Unique and personal elements are welcomed, you can write your own vows, and include song lyrics, personal readings, family traditions or special rituals, there are no rules or limitations!
This is how it works:
- We get to know each other, you tell me the sort of things you want in your ceremony and then we choreograph it together. I like to meet you in person as part of the process as and when is mutually convenient.
- I write the ceremony (and vows if you wish) and you can approve it or ask me to change it until it is 100% as you want it, it has to be perfect for you. I have lots of resources and ideas but the most important input is yours, if you know exactly what you want that’s great but if not I have resources and ideas to share. The ceremony we create will be personalised and therefore totally unique, trust me nothing comes close.
- Also with a celebrant ceremony there is no limit on location, it can be indoors or outdoors, in your garden, somewhere special to you or a set venue, but wherever you choose I will also liaise with your venue and make sure everything in terms of your ceremony are how you want them and I will arrange a rehearsal there if you want it preferably on the day of your wedding.
- We talk through every aspect from your entrance into the venue to when you leave after your wedding, this can include walking down the aisle, seating of family members involved in your ceremony and so on and so forth.
- On the day I generally arrive at least 30 mins before the ceremony just to check in to make sure you and your partner are ok and everything is prepared just as you want it. I am there for as long as you want me, I don’t ever plan 2 ceremonies in one day, as I want to be totally focused on the couple that day.
I Really Love…